Homeowners Gas Certificates from Hampshire Plumbers

Homeowners Gas Certificates from Hampshire Plumbers

If you are looking for a Homeowners Gas Certificates, then look no further than Hampshire Plumbers. Our plumbers have extensive experience with Homeowners Gas Certificates and can offer a full range of plumbing supply, installation, maintenance and repair services.

Getting a homeowner’s gas safety certificate from a reliable provider in the Gas Safe Register gives assurance that you are acting responsibly and fulfilling your obligations to your tenants. It is much more than a necessary legal necessity, because all things being equal, it shows that you had a professional come in who has certified gas safety. At Hampshire Plumbers, we cover Hampshire.

    Call Back Quotation

    We Provide Gas Safety Certificates to Landlords, Tenants, and Property Agents

    The 1998 Gas Protection (Installation and Use) Regulations set down laws for the health of UK facilities and appliances. These refer both to natural gas and refined Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG).

    All installations are subject to the regulations. Only a qualified person can issue an annual gas safety certificate and no exceptions are made.

    Gas Safety Certificates to Landlords-Tenants-and Property Agents

    What is a Gas Safety Certificate ?

    A gas safety certificate ensures that the system and any attached appliances are running at the appropriate operating pressure, and the appliances are burning properly because sufficient air supply is available.

    Having this in mind, pipework and vents are not included in a simple gas safety inspection, but they should preferably be checked simultaneously.

    A gas safety certificate is an official Government document that can be signed off only by an individual specified in the Gas Safe Registry. You will hear gas engineers call it a ‘CP-12.’ This name is also an echo from the past when CORGI was the United Kingdom’s governing body for gas protection, and they used a form numbered 12 to that end. The Gas Safe Register helps a customer to verify if their gas engineer is qualified to sign a ‘CP-12’ according to the legislation. The registry helps customers to check for service providers and verify that they are compatible with their engineers – which we are.

    Hampshire Plumbers are qualified to give you this certification as we are registered with the Government.

    What do you Need a Gas Safety Certificate for ?

    A landlord has a general duty to ensure that the property they rent is fit for the purpose. It involves making sure their property is tested annually for gas safety. The law applies the term tenant to any person who occupies a property under a contract. This also extends to domestic workers with a right to sleep over.

    A landlord, like every other person, has a duty under common law to take good care not to injure another. A leased property, therefore, must be secure and in good working order. This concept kicks in if a person undertakes an action that could be physically, mentally, or economically harmful to another.

    The responsibility requirement applies to take appropriate steps to ensure a secure installation of the gas on a tenured house. The 1998 Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations prescribe the bare minimum of a valid Gas Safety Certificate. Hence should he/she not have this certificate and something goes wrong with the gas, this would render the landlord incompetent in a convincing case. British law on what comes next is very straightforward. When the affected tenant proves that the landlord has failed in their duty to care or violated their duties under the laws, they may be able to sue for damages.

    Holding a valid certificate of gas protection will provide an appropriate defense, all things being equal.

    How to get a Landlord Gas Safety Certificate

    The 2018 Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations (Amendment) came into force on 6 April and slightly streamlined the process. This follows a more flexible approach by allowing landlords to schedule their safety checks during the existing ones last two months before the expiration date. It removes the last-minute scramble that made it seem overly onerous under the old law.

    The gas safety certificate of a landlord is practically identical to a regular one, as it also calls for inspection of flues and appliances. In this case though, tenants are also entitled to their own copies within 28 days of completion. In fact, before taking up the occupation a landlord must always give copies to new tenants.

    Failure to have or refuse to have valid gas safety certificates are significant infringements of the letter and intent of the legislation, especially because these certificates also contain the results of all previous inspections. In our experience, conscientious landlords welcome the peace of mind offered by those documents. After you’ve found a registered gas engineer in your area of Hampshire, completing the process should be easy.

    Why Choose Hampshire Plumbers for a Gas Safety Certificate ?

    In the Gas Safe Registry, Hampshire Plumbers are in good standing. We carefully select our people to ensure they understand the difficulties of not getting enough hot water. You may be assured that our caring people leave little to chance, and when they leave, take all the waste material with them. If you have a problematic boiler or just want more hot water to better your life, simply reach out to us. We will conduct a proper Gas Safe inspection and obtain the necessary certification for you.

    How Much Does it Cost to get a Gas Safety Certificate ?

    We don’t believe in cutting corners but we also believe in offering fair rates. Visit our fees and rates page and you’ll find that it’s all specifically laid out for you. For a gas safety certificate, we charge a fixed price of XXX + VAT, and not one penny extra for that specific service. If we find something that needs repair-and you want it to be done then we will negotiate our best price as set out in our tariffs and fees schedule.

    Note, we are covering Hampshire for boiler installations, boiler repairs and certificates of gas protection. Our free callback service is just a click away on your keyboard. You are also welcome to e-mail us here.


    You will be alerted via the Gas Safe Registry. When issued, the Building Regulations Compliance Certificate will arrive by post within 10-15 working days.

    Sure, if you lose or damage your certificate, you or your counsel may be issued with a duplicate certificate. There will be a fee of £6 for the delivery of the certificate to the applicant.

    If you have joint ownership of the house and the lease will last for more than 7 years, the housing company does not have landlord obligations under the 1998 Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations. You would have the same obligations as a homeowner in this case.

    In cases where the contract is less than 7 years, the housing corporation will be listed as a landlord under 1998 Gas Safety (Installation and Use). The contract between you and the housing company will clearly state who is responsible for the related duties on domestic gas protection.